CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 7, 2009

What Comes First, The Chicken Or The Pox?

Who would have thought that my kids would get the chicken pox? I sure as heck didn't!! I mean after all, wasn't that what the shot was for? The "chicken" has been going around with all the kids that me & mama keep. One would get it, then 11 days later another got them. On Wednesday, the day of mama's knee surgery, I went in to wake up Jackson. He had this little red spot on his forehead. I immediately started looking all over his body. I only found like 3 spots on him. I didn't send him to school, not really sure if it was the pox or not, but to be on the safe side I kept him home with me. He cried. I felt so bad for him, he really loves going to school. By the end of the day he had less than 15 spots on him. They were in random places, a few in his hair, one on his back one on his arm, three on his back, and that's about it!! I kept him home from school again on Thursday. Know keeping him home meant that he was at mama's house with all of the day care kids. I mean after all, the majority of them had already had them, plus I look at it as they had all already been exposed!!

Saturday morning, Mackenzie comes into my room and lifts up her shirt. Lo and behold she has 2 spots on her back. This was @ 8:30 in the morning. By 9:05 they had already spread to her face and her shoulder. All together no more than 10 spots. I gave her benadryl to keep her from itching. It is now 2:30 and she only has 5 spots. The others have just disappeared!! It is the weirdest thing. You can tell that she doesn't feel well. She is just dragging around the house. We were suppose to go to a surprise party tonight, but I can't take Mackenzie or Jackson for the fear that they will expose other kids that will be there. She is upset about that the most! Of course she is blaming Jackson!! My only fear is that Ashlee will get them. She has never missed a day of school since her first day of kindergarten, she will go regardless!!

Hopefully the other two won't get them!!

2 comments:

MamaToTyAndTodd said...

Here are the wonder drugs we were on: Hydroxyzine for itching
Acyclovir is the viral suppressant

They certainly did the trick! You saw Todd on Monday - he was all better within 5 days of his first spot!!!

Kim said...

Great to see you today. If you get another outbreak of the pox, please let me know. Your blog looks very nice. I have saved it in my favorites.

Praising Him,
Kim
www.homeschoolblogger.com/blessed2bamommy