CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 15, 2009

Not A Good Outcome.....


I took Biscuit to the Southside Vet for a third opinion. The results were the same. The only difference was that Biscuit had already lost feeling in his lower body, and was dragging himself around. His body and brain were not communicating to each other. The end result was that I could not watch my dog live a pitiful life anymore. I had him put down yesterday afternoon. I have cried for him so much that my face feels numb. The kids are taking it better than I have. Of course, I was the one that has been emotionally involved. They want another dog, but I am in no hurry to get one.

Today has been hard, I have been cleaning and getting rid of all of Biscuits toys and things. I know that I will get over it, but loosing a pet is like loosing a member of your family. In the last year and 5 days I have had to put both of my dogs down. That's what hurts the most.

Thank you to everyone that has called and checked on me. I appreciate it.

7 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Sorry I had to delete my last comment. I need to be in the bed.

I am sorry you had to put him to sleep. I know that was not an easy thing, but you did not want to watch him suffer. I will say a prayer for you.

Sarah said...

I am so sorry. Pets really are a part of the family and losing them is so painful. :(

Cates Family said...

we can't figure out how to make a blog.call us soon so u can help

Cates Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cates Family said...

we need help making a blog. call us so u can help us.

Craftysis7 said...

Sheri,

I am so sorry about Biscuit! I know what you are going through. In my lifetime I have had to make that decision twice and it is not a fun one. Just know that you did all you could do for your little dog and he is not suffering anymore. Again I am sorry and when you get another one it will help a little.

Sissy